Ragout Bologna Style
* 3/4 pound chopped beef
* 1/4 pound chopped pork
* 1/4 pound chopped veal
* 1/4 pound salt pork -- chopped
* 1 onion -- sliced
* 1 carrot -- sliced
* 1 stalk celery -- cut in small pieces
* 1 whole cloves
* 1 1/4 cups water -- or stock
* 1 teaspoon tomato paste
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* 1/4 pound mushrooms -- sliced
* 2 chicken livers -- cut in small pieces
* 1/2 cup heavy cream
* 1 small truffle (optional) -- sliced thin
meats and next 4 ingredients in a saucepan and brown slowly,
water or stock and ocntinue cooking slowly until it evaporates.
tomato paste, salt and pepper and enough water to cover the
meat. Cover the pan and simmer for 1 hour.
mushrooms and chicken livers and cook for 15 minutes longer.
before serving, add cream and truffle.