* 6 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
* 6 tablespoons butter, divided
* 4 cloves garlic, minced, divided
* 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
* 1 pound fettuccini pasta
* 1 onion, diced
* 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
* 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 tablespoon salt
* 3/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
* 3 cups milk
* 1 cup half-and-half
* 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 8 ounces shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
* 3 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
* 1/2 cup sour cream
In a large skillet over medium heat combine chicken, 2 tablespoons
butter, garlic and Italian seasoning. Cook until chicken is
no longer pink inside. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta
and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons butter in the skillet. Saute onion,
2 tablespoons garlic and mushrooms until onions are transparent.
Stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes. Slowly add milk
and half-and-half, stirring until smooth and creamy. Stir in
Parmesan and Colby-Monterey Jack cheeses; stir until cheese
is melted. Stir in chicken mixture, tomatoes and sour cream.
Serve over cooked fettuccini.